Dehejia, Vidya. "Hinduism and Hindu Art". In Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History. New York: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 2000–. (February 2007)
- Dehejia, Vidya Indian Art. London: Phaidon, 1997.
- Eck, Diana L. Darsan: Seeing the Divine Image in India. 2d ed. . Chamberburg, Pa.: Anima Books, 1985.
- Michell, George The Hindu Temple: An Introduction to Its Meaning and Forms. Reprint.. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1988.
- Mitter, Partha Indian Art. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001.
Related exhibitions and online features
These related Museum Bulletin or Journal articles may or may not represent the most current scholarship.
- Kossak, Steven "The Arts of South and Southeast Asia." The Metropolitan Museum of Art Bulletin, v. 51, no. 4 (Spring, 1994). | PDF | Supplemental PDFs
- Lippe, Aschwin "Divine Images in Stone and Bronze: South India, Chola Dynasty (c. 850–1280)." Metropolitan Museum Journal, Vol. 4 (1971).
- Lippe, Aschwin "The Sculpture of Greater India." Metropolitan Museum of Art Bulletin, New ser., v. 18, no. 6 (February, 1960).
- Kup, Karl "Asian Artists in Crystal." Metropolitan Museum of Art Bulletin, New ser., v. 14, no. 7 (March, 1956).